- FREE – Initial Case Assessment Appointments – in-person only, 30 minute limit
- $150 – Initial Case Assessment Appointments via telephone, skype or email (this fee will be applied toward related attorney fees contract)
- $350/hour (30 minute increments) – Legal Consultation (for strategizing, planning, review) (this fee will be applied toward future attorney fees contract)
FREE INFORMATION ONLINE Before scheduling a consultation with Hill & Piibe, we recommend you visit the comprehensive information available elsewhere on this website from Hill & Piibe, or from the U.S. government at no cost. These links and websites answer many questions about immigration law and how to qualify and apply for benefits:
. . .
. . .
FREE INITIAL CASE ASSESSMENT APPOINTMENT
FREE for in-person appointments only. You will meet with an attorney and our experienced staff, who will review your basic information
30 minutes or less. This Assessment appointment normally costs $60 per hour, but the fee is waived if the appointment is completed within 30 minutes.
No legal advice. The only purpose of this appointment is to determine if we can take your case, and to inform you of our fee to represent you. There is no risk of you spending money just to hear that we cannot help.
Common types of cases for this appointment: Approximately 90% of our appointments fall under this category. This appointment is appropriate for:
- Removal/Deportation cases
- Detention cases
- Motions and appeals
- Family-based green cards (no travel in/out of U.S. while paperwork is pending)
- Criminal issues
- Green card renewal
Complex cases may require further legal research. You will have the option to retain the law firm for this additional research.
If you are in detention, you may send a friend or family member with authorization to speak on your behalf.
TELEPHONE, SKYPE OR EMAIL: INITIAL ASSESSMENT APPOINTMENT
See above for further information about Initial Assessment Appointments. Initial Case Assessment appointments via telephone or e-mail require more staff time to prepare and conduct, and therefore we charge a fee of $150.00.
. . .
LEGAL ADVICE CONSULTATION
Cost: $350/hour (30 minute increments)
Appointment cost is credited to your legal fees if you retain Hill & Piibe for the case.
Telephone, Skype and email appointments available, as well as in-person meetings at our office locations.
Common types of cases for this appointment:
- Visas (including fiancee visas)
- Employment green cards
- Visa Waiver/ESTA
- Marriage green cards if you need to travel in/out of the U.S. while paperwork is pending
- Any other legal advice, including how to answer questions on the immigration forms
CONFIDENTIALITY All consultations/assessments are kept confidential. Please note that a consultation/assessment does not bind Hill & Piibe as your attorneys, or to represent you before the Immigration Service or any courts. A separate written agreement must be entered into if you desire any legal services.
TO SCHEDULE: Please contact any office location directly:
- Downtown Los Angeles: (213) 622-8775
- San Juan Capistrano (South Orange County): (949) 443-0488
- Glendale (818) 657-5737
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment with any location
ABOUT ATTORNEY FEES:
- Flat Rate: Hill & Piibe charges a flat rate for most cases, with a deposit of about 50% down and monthly payments available.
- Down-payments must be done in a lump sum– we do not accept payment installments on down-payments.
- For accelerated cases, a different payment model may apply.
- No Interest: We do not charge interest on balances due.
- Late-Fees: We DO charge a late-fee penalty for overdue payments.
- Attorney fees do not cover excessive costs such as postage, copying, translations, professional services such as physicians and psychologists, transportation, hotel, etc. This is not an exhaustive list.
- Fee Range: Each case varies depending on its complexity, but our flat fees range anywhere between $250 for basic research/services to $7500 or more for complex cases.
- Hill & Piibe is not obligated to commence work on any case until the down-payment is received AND all written retainers and intake questionnaires are completed in full, signed and returned to Hill & Piibe.
PAYMENT METHODS: Cash, money order, check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). Wire transfers are accepted plus applicable banking fees (currently $16), and you must ensure that your bank does not deduct its own fees from the transfer amount.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED AT YOUR APPOINTMENT: Please bring all your immigration and criminal record documents to the appointment. For telephone and e-mail consultations, you will need to complete an intake questionnaire that will be faxed or e-mailed to you beforehand. You may provide up to 15 pages of documents to the office beforehand by fax, or an unlimited number of documents via e-mail.