Hill & Piibe, Immigration Attorneys

Slider Image

Green Cards and Citizenship

Green Cards

Click here for the State Department Visa Bulletin

Click here for the USCIS website about green cards

Lawful permanent residency is also known as a green card. It gives a person permanent permission to live and work in the United States.

  • Family category green card: certain relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents
  • Employment category green card: certain occupations– most require a U.S. employer, who must advertise and try to find U.S. workers before hiring you
  • Investor category green card– minimum amount is $500,000 and you must create at least 10 jobs


  1.   File a petition under one of the green card categories
  2.   Undergo a vetting process to prove that you are “admissible” to the U.S.



Green cards expire, usually every ten years.  Your permanent resident status does not expire, but the card is your proof that you are a permanent resident.  Whenever you need to prove that you are a permanent resident, you need a valid, unexpired green card.  For example, traveling and returning to the United States.

Issues to be aware of:

  • A criminal record could cause you problems
  • Deciding whether to renew or to apply for naturalization (citizenship)

The green card lawyers at Hill & Piibe have helped thousands of immigrants to get their green card or visa without problems from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) (formerly known as the INS). For information about our success in helping our clients obtain green cards, please see our notable cases.


Did you have a notario or untrained non-attorney prepare your application the first time? Are you now facing a deportation hearing?

Our green card lawyers have the legal training to prepare your visa and green card application correctly the first time or to amend and resubmit the application if it was previously incorrect. We’re always thinking two steps ahead: taking the right precautions early on to set the stage for success in the event we must take the case to the appeals court in order to win for our client.

If you need to apply for a green card or are facing a hearing in immigration court after a green card application was rejected, contact Hill & Piibe to talk to an immigration attorney.

Citizenship and Naturalization

We help determine issues of citizenship at birth, or help clients determine if they qualify to become citizens through the naturalization process.  Clients seek out Hill & Piibe about the following issues:

  • Form N-400 Application for Naturalization
  • Form N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship
  • Citizenship through parents or grandparents
  • Citizenship through military service
  • Good Moral Character factors
  • Criminal Record problems
  • Green card about to expire

The immigration and green card lawyers at Hill & Piibe serve clients of all nationalities living in the Los Angeles, California area, including Riverside and Bakersfield and all of San Bernardino County, Orange County, San Diego County, Ventura County, and Santa Barbara County.

Leer este sitio Web en español

Free initial consultation
We speak Spanish
Russian and Armenian


PacMutual Building
523 West Sixth Street
Suite 737
Los Angeles, CA 90014
P. 213.622.8775
F. 213.622.5383
(Spanish language)
Map & Directions


32302 Camino Capistrano
Second Floor, Suite 207
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
P. 949.443.0488
F. 949.443.0490
(Spanish languages)
Map & Directions

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
WordPress theme by Slocum Design Studio